North Coast Culinary Fest
"A Celebration of James Beard in Cannon Beach"
May 10th-12th, 2019 Tickets: $15-$150
Come and enjoy a fabulous weekend of culinary arts in Cannon Beach, at the North Coast Culinary Fest. Experience the ultimate in coastal culinary arts, in honor of James Beard! A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Seaside High School Culinary Arts Program.
Looking for lodging for this great event, look no further than the Surfsand Resort. Call (833) 529-7563 to make your reservations and be sure to tell them the group name North Coast Culinary. We look forward to seeing everyone at the amazing festival Mother's Day Weekend.
Please join us as we kick off our events celebrating the cuisine of The North Coast!
Join Chefs John Sowa of Sweet Basil's Cafe, Bob Neroni of EVOO, Fernando Aquino of Cannon Beach Cafe, and John Newman of Newman's at 988 as they will be creating menus inspired by the legacy of James Beard. For information and reservations please contact the restaurants directly!
- Join Public Coast Brewing Co. Master Brewer Will Leroux for an exploration of beer and seafood pairings featuring the award winning ’67 Blonde and delicious Coastal Haze IPA. Professional chef and Master Brewer, Leroux will share his personal brewing philosophy and take some of the mystery out of the chemistry and science behind flavor profiles to create beer pairings that maximize the flavors of beer and seafood. The workshop includes a brewery tour, tasting from the tanks and a light sampling of beer paired local seafood bites. The workshop will be held at Public Coast at 7 pm for TICKETS
- Join Mike Selberg as you sip on award-winning, handcrafted Whiskey as you are taken step-by-step through the process of how it is made. From selecting grains, to fermentation, distillation, barrel selection, and finishing, we will explain how every aspect of production contributes to the final Whiskey. We will end with a Whiskey tasting and assessment, along with a conversation about how to pair small food items to amplify character in the spirit. The workshop will be hosted at the Cannon Beach Distillery. Workshops will be offered at 6 pm for TICKETS and 8 pm TICKETS
Choose one of these interesting workshops and meet the artisan producers!
- North Fork 53 Tea Workshop at EVOO. Join Brigham and Ginger Edwards as they share 4 different grades of black Ceylon tea made from the same organically grown tea plants from the Ahinsa permaculture tea farm in Sri Lanka. They will demonstrate the difference of each grade in terms of processing and plucking. You will taste the flavor that each grade of tea produces and learn brewing techniques for each and share tasting notes. Then they will share greens teas from China and Japan to compare and experience while weaving in tales from in the ancient world of tea. 10 am TICKETS , 1 pm TICKETS
- Join the Cannon Beach Bakery owner and Master Baker Gib Hammond as he walks you through the fine art of making your own artisan French Bread. From setting a poolish, the best way to shape the dough, how to bake it off and everything in between. You will be given the opportunity to ask questions, so put your thinking caps on and give him a challenge. Each participant will take away a French Baguette. 10 am TICKETS
- Join the Cannon Beach Bakery's Executive Pastry Chef, Janelle Kountz, as she walks you through how to make her yummy White Chiffon cake, rosette pipe frosting on a cupcake and top it off with placement of buttercream flowers. She’ll give you great take-a-way techniques for your home kitchen so you can wow your guests. Keep her on her toes and have your questions ready. A portion of this workshop is interactive and there will be a cupcake, decorated by you to take home. 1 pm TICKETS
- Matt the Forager from Forage and Farm will be conducting a hands on and in depth workshop on local wild edibles. Come taste, smell, and learn about how to locate, identify, gather, process and use many of the wild foods we are able to find and enjoy here in the Pacific Northwest. The workshop may include a short guided foraging walk (conditions permitting) just steps from the venue to learn how to identify, process, and taste any nearby wild edibles that we might find (trails may be muddy, so bring appropriate footwear). A two hour workshop at 10 am-Noon TICKETS, 1-3 pm TICKETS
- Join Marc Bates, aka "Cheese Guy" of the North Coast to learn more about the best ways to pair cheese with wine, beer or cider. Learn everything you want to know about cheese and why one cheese is different from another. Then you’ll have a chance to taste & pair several wine, beer & cider to find a new favorite combo or idea for your next gathering. 1 pm TICKETS
James Beard Beach House Champagne Reception in Gearhart!
Celebrate Beard and his impact at an exclusive champagne celebration at his family's original Gearhart summer home. Toast with champagne, enjoy delectable bites and learn more about the history behind Beard, his family and his culinary passions. This is a once in a lifetime experience being offered by our gracious hosts The Fischer Family who have opened up their private home for the afternoon celebration. 2-4 pm TICKETS
James Beard Celebration Dinner!
This exclusive evening features communal seating with other foodie guests at the Surfsand ballroom, where you will enjoy the dishes created in collaboration with chefs representing their restaurants in town and on the North Coast. Chefs will introduce signature dishes, explain their inspiration, and tell you where you might experience it again. Wines will be carefully paired and introduced as well. And a portion of the ticket price goes toward the same Culinary Arts program at Seaside High School that Beard taught at early in his career. Here you will meet the chefs who for this night will be channeling one very influential foodie, who denied his own chef-status, but who shall ever more be an inspiration for all chefs. 5 pm TICKETS
For a list of chefs involved and the menu CLICK HERE!
North Coast Culinary Fest Night Market presented by Surfsand Resort at Haystack Gardens!
Light up the night and enjoy all the North Coast Food Scene has to offer at the North Coast Culinary Fest Night Market! This market with feature some of the finest purveyors from the North Coast, fabulous food, no-host bar, food tastings, live music and more. Imbibe and celebrate with us and experience what the North Coast Culinary scene has to offer! 6 pm TICKETS
Brunch around Town
Participating restaurants will celebrate James Beard's Mom (it is Mothers Day by the way), in keeping with the Beard tradition there must be biscuits on the menu. Participating Restaurants; EVOO (11am), Sea Level Bakery (7:30am-3pm), Surfbird Cafe (7:30am-3pm), Sweet Basil's Cafe (11am-3:30pm), The Wayfarer (8am-Noon), and Maggie's on the Prom in Seaside (9am-3pm).
James Beard: America's First Foodie
The only way to culminate this great weekend celebrating the maestro! With the gracious donation of Beth Federici and Times Theater in conjunction we proudly present "Americas First Foodie." Beth with do a brief introduction on the movie, offer her insights into James Beard, and offer Q&A. 2 pm TICKETS